The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is committed to supporting the University community in proposal development through value-added, high-quality service and professional partnerships with Principal Investigators (PIs) in order to facilitate innovative research and creative programs.
ORSP will work collaboratively with PIs and the sponsored program administration to prepare grant applications, serving as a dedicated central resource in all matters related to University and sponsor policies for proposal development and submission.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs provides the following services in the support of PIs:
- Review sponsor guidelines, identify key requirements
- Assist with budget preparation, related documentation and proposal submission forms
- Establish principal investigator accounts within a sponsor’s electronic submission portal
- Provide instruction on how to use a sponsor’s electronic grant administration system / portal
- Prepare required sponsor administrative forms
- Ensure that all university information included within the proposal is accurate and complete
- Serve as the University’s administrative contact and proposal manager for multi-institutional proposals (pre-award only)
- Contact and collaborate with partner institutions to secure all necessary subcontract documentation
- Review the final proposal package to ensure all administrative requirements have been met
- Obtain supervisory approvals and provide institutional approval for the proposal
- Complete the final submission package, upload final documents and forms, and submit to the sponsor