The University of North Carolina at Asheville provides access to the CITI Course in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), which is designed to be used by institutions or organizations and it provides a comprehensive basic course in RCR. This course was partially funded by DHHS’s Office of Research Integrity. The Online CITI RCR Training Course covers the following core areas:
- Animal Subjects
- Collaborative Relationships
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Data Acquisition and Management
- Human Subjects
- Peer Review
- Research Misconduct
- Responsible Authorship
CITI Registration Instructions
- Go to http://www.citiprogram.org.
- As a “new” user, you will need to click “Register Here” to register.
- Select “University of North Carolina at Asheville” from the Participating Institutions and click “submit”.
- Create a unique username and password and click “submit”.
- Enter your personal information (first name, last name, email) and click “submit”.
- Continue entering additional information (gender, degree, etc) and click “submit”.
- When prompted to select a curriculum, select the “Responsible Conduct of Research” course. (For other questions, select “Not at this time”.)
- The Learner Menu will then display the course. Click “Enter” to begin. You do not have to finish all modules at one time; CITI saves your scores each time you submit answers so you can log out and resume later.
The UNC Asheville’s Responsible Conduct of Research program relies on performance based standards to assess procedures and techniques as well as competence of personnel. Although important, successful completion of the web-based course may not be sufficient to maintain compliance with local RCR requirements. The University may impose additional requirements based on the nature of the research endeavors.